Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
R
Ring doorbell keeps going offline since WiFi change
wifi
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
cs-support
I have a battery-powered ring doorbell (doorbell 2 I think) that has recently had issues with connection to my WiFi and the chime pro network. I recently changed from an Orbi mesh to eero, due to issues with Orbi. All my devices connected to the eero network fine at first but lately I’ve had problems with my Ring doorbell. Normally it’s connected as follows: Wifi —— Chime pro — Doorbell However this connection (which worked fine for years) started just dropping the connection despite no changes. I tried to connect directly to the WiFi with the doorbell and get similar issues: fine for a while then goes offline. Internet/wifi connection from the door next to the doorbell is fine, WiFi strength seems ok for doorbell and chime in the app

23-09-2023 08:23:38

Responses (2)

J
Hi @Robmo. Checking that your Doorbell has good signal strength is a good step to take when a Doorbell keeps falling offline. Since the signal strength is good, try giving your Doorbell a factory reset to see if that helps. To factory reset it, press and hold the setup button on it for 20–25 seconds, and then reconnect it to your wifi. Rebooting your new router as well might help. We also have this Help Center [article](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023559372-Fixing-Devices-Falling-Offline-Repeatedly-by-Adjusting-Your-Router) with other steps you can try. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406) a call for further assistance.

25-09-2023 07:09:43

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

25-10-2023 07:10:18

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User