Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
O
User Solution
Closed
Ring doorbell is useless
hardwired-video-doorbell
negative-feedback
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting

I used to brag about the ring doorbell but it no longer provides any real use. The motion recording usually doesn’t start until people are walking away from my front door. This will be my 1st and last ring product due to poor performance and wonky interface

25-07-2020 01:27:39

Responses (11)

C
User Solution

Hey neighbors, we understand it’s frustrating when a device doesn’t work as you were expecting it to. Here on the Ring Community, we can assist with general troubleshooting questions and concerns. You’re welcome to create a new post with a few details on your concern, and a member of our team or another neighbor can chime in. If you need assistance with a return or a warranty issue, please reach out to our support team directly.

05-02-2024 08:34:54

GP
I have the same problem and so do thousands of other dissatisfied RING doorbell customers. It appears that RING is engaged in massive fraudulent advertising. Their ads depict the doorbell as an instant realtime alert to any motion, with instant video view and instant audio conversation with visitors. These are all LIES. Our RING doorbell is located 10 feet from our Wi-Fi router, but its motion detector is so poor that unless a visitor presses the doorbell button, there will be no alerts on our iPhones until 30 seconds later. By that time, the visitor is long gone. Preposterously, if we enter from the front door and trigger the RING motion detector, we can go inside, walk to our family room and sit down, before the RING doorbell goes off, alerting us to....our ghosts. The RING app creaks and groans to life, struggling to show us realtime video, but usually fails to show us any drop-and-run Amazon, UPS, FedX or other delivery person. I spent an hour on the phone with a friendly, patient RING tech, but he was unable to fix any of these problems. I would not advise anyone to buy a Ring doorbell; do not trust their marketing claims.

26-07-2020 03:28:25

J
Just waiting on the class action here. Inevitable. I have all of the product line and service and NONE works as advertised.

04-11-2020 11:51:41

B
I totally agree. Plus the camera is worthless. Resolution sucks. Couldn’t Id anyone if I had to. When you zoom in it’s just a blurry mess. Called support numerous times and only get lip service blaming everything on my wifi. That’s not the problem. I tell them it’s the receivers in their China made crap! They have not built out their system to accommodate all the new subscribers. They’re more concerned about adding more and more countries and the hell with the USA. THERE I SAID IT!

05-11-2020 02:04:48

GP
Another problem is that if you ever change your wi-fi network password (which security experts advise you should do regularly, ie, every 2-3 months), you’re going to have to go retrieve your Ring screwdriver tool, remove the faceplate on your Ring doorbell, press a tiny button, type your new network password into your iphone, then crawl on the floor and press a button on the side of your Ring Chime, all the time following confusing instructions within the Ring App...what a royal pain!!!!

09-12-2020 12:11:14

C
I agree this product is pretty useless. My wife and I bought the product and immediately found out that we needed a "stronger doorbell electrical connection." We had to pay an electrician to fix that problem. After installation, we found that the delay between the actual event (monitoring of front door through the doorbell) and notification on our mobile phones was too long. Any event occurring (or person coming to our door) was long gone and over with by the time we saw it. Also, a person coming to the door cannot ring the doorbell more than one time for at least another minute. So the product essentially fails as a door bell. Very disappointing. I finally removed the device from my mobile phone altogether (it does not justify the drain on my battery). My wife still has it on her phone for now. A better solution would be for Ring to provide separate monitoring screens that could be installed in 3 or 4 of the most used rooms in the house, instead of just having to rely on a mobile device (which may not be readily available when a notification is received). I found this system to be a waste of money.

11-12-2020 07:57:41

V
I COMPLETELY agree. I just googled the phrase “ring doorbell is useless”, and amazingly enough, I’m not the only one using that phrase. I used to brag as well. However, over the last year o have just realized that it was a total waste of money. Very disappointing.

02-03-2021 10:16:54

M
The whole collection of products are a joke. Never work anymore, dont and cant detect people, force you to choose some PRESET AREAS of what USED to be a 150° radius, and miss everything. You can stand right in front of it at times and nothing is recorded regardless of the settings. Shameful BAIT AND SWITCH scam with the firmware updates causinf the devices to all malfunction so we can think wen need ri UPGRADE. LAW SUIT BREWING. AMAZON'S Chinese tech is an epic fail. Getting Nest or something reliable.

11-03-2023 10:30:34

M
Ring is a load of shite. Complete and utter piece of rubbish. You might as well throw you money in the bin! I have a very good wi-fi and I walk in, set the shopping down dry the the clothes open a a beer and then it rings and it shows me! The post man, the delivery driver it never ever captures. Unless the Royal Mail have a cloaking device! Complete and utter waste off time, when you write a factual review on Trustpilot or youtube they ask for the comment to be deleted.

01-05-2022 07:21:41

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User