Ring Doorbell is updating for 12 hours.

I have just tried to install my new Ring Doorbell and it has been flashing the grey light on and off for 12 hours after about 10 minutes it flashes bright blue for a minute then back toflashing grey.

I have reset the unit and tried again with the same results. I reset once more and checked on the app. It says the unit is online. I press the doorbell and it rings and nothing else. No notifications or any sign of the camers operating.

What can I do to get this thing to work??

Regards

Wayne Burnside

2 Likes

Hi @Wayne_Burnside! This certainly sounds like an update trying to complete. Resetting the device was a great step to take. Please also attempt a new setup nearest your wifi router, and allow the device to setup and update while close to the router, before mounting. Depending on your Video Doorbell model, some are able to connect to 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz wifi, in which I recommend the 2.4 Ghz connection. If this concern persists, the best next option will be to reach out to our support team for a more in-depth look at this concern. :slight_smile:

I did as you recommended and now it’s still blinking white then blue. I had the doorbell 1 foot from the router so the signal was perfect. I think the unit it self is not working corectly. How can I get a replacement. It is the basic doorbell. I’m even willing to pay the differance from this to the latest version if that will work.

Regards

Wayne Burnside

Hey @Wayne_Burnside. In the event that you still cannot get the Doorbell to update and you are interested in upgrading, you will need to contact our support team for this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.