Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Ring Doorbell Interrupting Internet Connection
connectivity
troubleshooting
cs-support

I have 2 Ring Doorbells, one at the front door the other at my workshops. If I have the workshop doorbell connected then I get several drop outs of my Internet connection per day. The ‘Internet’ light on my Router indicates no connection (goes from green to amber) when this happens, it normally returns after 5-10 minutes. My ISP (Airband) have monitored the connection and confirmed that it’s stable to the property and that the issue is internal. This is backed up by my tests, as when that Doorbell is switched off my connection is 100% stable.

A little background on my home network…

TP-Link Archer AX72 Router, 4 x Netgear WAC104 WAP connected to the Router with Cat6 cable. WAP’s are set up so the TP-Link Router controls IP addresses. The Front Door doorbell connects to one of the WAP’s (with no issues) and the Workshop one connects to a different WAP.

This problem has been there for sometime, it happened with my previous Netgear Router and when I was using Powerline adaptors rather than the WAP’s, so the only common factor is the Doorbell itself .

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Many thanks

08-12-2023 06:49:14

Responses (2)

T
Hi @user70352. What is the RSSI for these devices? This information can be found in the Device Health section of the Ring app. Are they connected to a 2.4 GHz network?

12-12-2023 02:26:37

U

RSSI are 55 for one and 62 for the other and both are connected via 2.4Ghz, both doorbells are within 5 metres of the Wireless Access Point they connect to.

I have been doing a little more testing of the Christmas period, so if I have just one connected (doesn’t matter which one) I have no issues, but when both are on & connected then that’s when the issues start.

04-01-2024 09:02:57

J

Hi @user70352. I am happy to chime in. Thank you for providing that information. The next best step would be to reach out to our support team to have this investigated more in depth. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.

05-01-2024 05:57:19

U

4 days ago I fixed/reserved the IP’s for the Access Points and both Doorbells, since then I haven’t had any issues. Bit early to say it’s definitely fixed, but 2 days was previously the best I had, so it seems promising…

09-01-2024 08:57:44

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User