Ring doorbell going off on it's own

My ring dorbell (not hardwired) has started going off on it’s own, randomly. Sometimes it’s 10pm, sometimes is 4am, 8am, etc. No rhyme or reason. I’ve taken it down and charged it, I’ve wiped it down and tightened it when I have it connected so it’s not moving in the wind, etc. The button does not seem to be stuck and it’ll be fine for a few days then go off 4 times in a row. Anyone have any ideas?

This definitely is not normal behavior @Schrothtastic . Give our support team a call at 800-656-1918. They’ll be able to take a further look into this and determine the next best step on getting your device up and running to its full potential. Thanks!

1 Like

Same problem here!

1 Like

Hi, We had the same problem, our ring doorbell went off twice last night, one at 20:59 with a motion sound notification through our ring chime together with a notification on our phones to which I entered the ring app through the notification to check but no-one was there so I then checked our cctv and saw the light had come on twice on the ring doorbell like it had been pressed. We then received a second notification on phones at 21:16 ( didn’t hear chime this time but was upstairs with tv on so maybe just didn’t hear it, not sure) but again no-one was there (no lighting of doorbell this time on cctv). We have wireless ring system with battery powered ring doorbell and plug in boosted ring chime. Battery has almost full charge, doorbell’s clean, good and sturdy so no idea what went on???

1 Like

Hi @JDMM . Yesterday we were experiencing issues with our Processing Infrastructure which resulted in delays in our Ring devices. This has since been resolved and everything should be back to normal.

Hi
I haven’t received any notifications from my ring doorbell since the 9/30.
I’ve checked everything including reloading the app, checking my subscription plan etc and still not receiving any notifications nor can I access live view.
What is the status of the fault rectification?

Hi @Kelleigh . Last week we were experiencing issues with our Processing Infrastructure which resulted in delays in our Ring devices. This has since been resolved and everything should be back to normal.

If you are still experiencing delays, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi @tom_ring
Yes, still experiencing problems.
Can see the alerts on smart things, but not in ring. But can’t view the alerts.
I will give the Australian team a call.
Thanks
Kelleigh

1 Like

This happens all the time with our unit as well. If this wasn’t a gift, I’d disconnect and go without. It’s definitely frustrating, as we even went so far as to purchase a second battery to eliminate that potentially being the issue. Good luck everyone!