Ring Doorbell goes off when no one is there

A few months ago my Ring Doorbell starting ringing several times a month at 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning. There is no one there. I have security lights that come on with motion and there is no video. This is very frustrating to be woken up from a sound sleep.

Is there a way to disable the doorbell for a certain time period?

Pat

Hi there, @patski107! The motion snooze feature will allow you to snooze notifications for a certain duration of time. The motion scheduling feature will allow you to schedule times to not receive alerts. Each link has steps for setting up and using. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you I will give it a try. More important is why is my doorbell ringing for no reason in the wee hours of the morning?

Pat

That is a good question! If it is motion detection, that could just be something triggering the motion, and would be avoidable through settings. For a button push Ring alert, or someone actually ringing your Video Doorbell, this should only be possible via a physical button press.

Check your event history to see if there is any video or event that registers, or if this is just your in home chime kit sounding. For a chime kit sounding randomly, this should not happen, but is likely due to wiring variables. Something worth checking here is your in home chime settings.

The in-home chime settings can be found in the Device Settings section, specific to each of your Ring devices in the Ring app. Most Video Doorbell models should have this setting available, but some may not. If you do have this option available, please ensure it is set for the proper chime kit you have there. Additionally, and in case you are seeing an event from the intermittent ringing, please ensure the Video Doorbell button is not jammed / stuck and is free of debris.

If this concern persists despite trying the above steps, our support team will be happy to take a closer look at what might be causing this concern. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I hade this happen at 4am this morning with a wireless ring doorbell. No notifications on my phone or the app. Just the ring of the bell like someone pushed the button. No motion no video. But yet it rang. Any ideas what could cause this? Can’t blame it on wiring or power surge as it’s wireless model .

Hi @user41587. For your concern, the next best step would be to give our support team a call to further investigate.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.