Ring doorbell generation 1 won’t charge with the sun

I have the video doorbell 1 generation. I have mounted on both my front and back door. It doesn’t charge with the sun. The wall near the door is brick. Is there something I can use that will help me without having to take out and using the USB cord. I like that it charges with the sun because the idea of having to take it out just to charge it get very tedious. So it’s very disappointing that I have to do that. Also if you can give any advice as to where to place it, like I said I live in a place where the wall are made of bricks.

Hi @Liizteresa25. You’ll need to ensure that the Solar Charger for your Doorbell is receiving at least 6-8 hours of direct sunlight per day in order to provide a trickle charge. The trickle charge will help keep the battery topped off, but if your Doorbell experiences a large number of events each day, the battery may drain more quickly than it charges. You can reduce the number of events your Doorbell records by adjusting the Motion Frequency settings. I hope that information helps! :slight_smile: