Ring Doorbell gen 1 white light solid

Hi,
I’ve searched through numerous threads and can’t find anywhere that references this problem. Our Ring doorbell Gen 1 now has the white circle light on solid, permanently. This happened when I put it on charge when the battery was extremely low (because it didn’t warn me it was low), down to 2%. When I placed it on charge the white circle light came on and has started on ever since. I’ve tried the following:

• removing it from charge and remounting it on the front door. This is when it became obvious it wasn’t going off as it remained on all day - and the battery charge went down to 4% from 79% in 10 hours!
  • placed on charge (again). Light remained solid, charge rate was so low it took 8 hrs to reach 13%.
  • tried ‘factory reset’ by pressing and holding orange button for 20+ seconds. This resulted in white circle light going off at 10 secs, but immediately coming back on again, solid, when the orange buttons was released, every time (have tried reset with that orange button numerous times, even holding it in for over 2 mins, same results, white circle light goes off at 10 secs, then comes straight back on immediately as soon as the orange button is released.)
  • doing factory reset has now taken it offline, making it useless.
  • trying to run battery down by leaving it off charge to flatten battery (yes, white circle light still on, solid after letting it sit for 2 days! Trouble is it’s offline and it won’t reconnect)

Other than just throwing it in the bin, does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Hi @ceinbrum. As indicated in this Help Center article here, a white solid LED light indicates that your Doorbell is hardwired. Depending on the age of this Gen 1 Doorbell, it may be at the end of its life cycle. Do you have a Ring Protect Plan subscription? I suggest reaching out to our support team to see what your options are. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Hi Tom,
Thanks for your response. Sadly, this is not a hardwired doorbell, it is completely wireless and always has been for the years we’ve had it. Now we charge the battery, about every 6 weeks, though more regularly during this chilly time of year! The last time it was charged the blue circle displayed the charge level, as usual, but this time, when put on charge, it just went solid white the whole time. After it being on charge for the day it was at 79% so I returned it to the front door, but the solid white circle was still on. Just 24hrs later it was back at only 2% charge. And now I’ve done the whole gammut of options to try and rectify it, including a reset, it isn’t even online any more.

And yes, we are in the UK, I keep trying to use just the UK chat, but the board keeps throwing me into other areas.

Hi @ceinbrum. Thanks for this information. We’ll need a bit more information to get this resolved. Try sending us a private message on Facebook or Twitter @Ring and one of our specialized support agents will be able to assist you further. If you’d like to have phone support, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.