Ring Doorbell footage broken

Hi All,

For the last few months I’ve been experiencing some very weird issues on my Ring Doorbell 3.
I get a notification to say there is motion or someone at the door, and I cannot view the live feed or recordings of the events. Everything in the footage is just black.

But here’s the strange thing, I can still see snapshots taken before and after though. I recently charged the battery to see if that was the problem but the issue persists.
I’m beginning to believe it might be faulty as everything has worked flawlessly for the last 6 or so months prior to this issue. No sudden changes have occurred on my network, the Ring is directly in field of view of the Chime Pro which is about 4 metres away from my access point.

Why would this be happening all of a sudden?

I’ve attached some photos to demonstrate my issue.

Hi @RingproStarr. Thank you for attaching the photos! I would first try to reset your Ring Doorbell 3. You can do this by taking off the faceplate and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, then release. Give your Doorbell about a minute to reboot. After that has completed, reconnect it to wifi. This will cause your Doorbell to do a quick update, and you should be back to normal in no time!

If this doesn’t correct the issue you’re having, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.