Ring Doorbell Flashing Blue While Plugged In To Charge

I’ve just taken down my Ring 2 doorbell to charge it for the second time since I got it. The ring is flashing blue constantly and it doesn’t seem to be charging.

I’m using the same charger and cable I used last time.

What’s going on?

Hi there, @BALDFEEGLE! When charging your Video Doorbell using the micro usb cable, the front LED will flash blue to indicate charging is in progress. The blue light should also illuminate more of the circle as it becomes fully charged. Charging for several hours is recommended for optimal battery use. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

My doorbell is doing the same thing. It isn’t the same kind of flashing. It is the on and off. And my battery is drained after just charging it 2 days ago

Hi my ring doorbell needed charging so I’ve took it in to do so!!! And I’ve charged it with the same charger. I’ve always used instead of having a blue light to indicate that it is charging it now has a solid white circle and is now not working. Can somebody tell me what’s going on please !!!

Hi @Jay33. A solid white light indicates that the doorbell is hardwired. What happens if you disconnect the doorbell from the charger? Is the device not functioning or is it online?