Ring doorbell false notifications

My door bell rings 3 to 4 times a day for no reason. Not just motion announcement but a proper door bell ring, as though someone pressed the door bell.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Just got My Ring device two day ago, and already having issues, this was supposed to be a helpful tool, but now it’s just given me something else to worry about. Has this issue been addressed? If so how do I go about getting mine fixed!!

All day nonstop!

Hi there, neighbors! Receiving too many or too little of motion notifications is often a sign of opportunity to fine tune motion settings. There are various motion features available such as Customizable Motion Zones, Motion Frequency, People Only Mode, and more! As every home is different, the best method for obtaining optimal motion detection is through trial and error.

Please note that with Rich Notifications, in some cases, in order to ensure you receive notifications as fast as possible, you may receive multiple notifications. A regular notification to your smartphone will be sent as soon as possible and then that notification will be updated with an image.

@Ivan91, Thank you for including an image with your post. That certainly looks to be an unusually high amount of ring/ button push event notifications. Of course, this would not be related to alerts caused by motion, and would like require different steps. I recommend starting with a reset, by holding the Doorbell setup button for 20 seconds. Then reconnect and test to see if this improved.

If anyone has tried any steps recommended here and throughout this topic to no avail, we recommend reaching out directly to our support team at one of the numbers available here.

1 Like

I have been having the same issue. Got my ring doorbell two days ago, and today it started giving me these ghost doorbell notifications every minute. I called support twice, reset it multiple times, nothing. Still get notifications every minute.

Ended up having to send me a replacement. Seems that Ring has no clue or fix as to why this is happening. SMH.

My phone was doing the same thing. What I found was that some other apps that use notifications had defaulted to the “ding dong there is someone at your door” sound from the Ring app. I would get that offensive notification when I received texts, emails or notifications from other apps. Whenever you get the ghost notification, go to “Notifications” too see which app recently sent notifications. You can either change the sound or block notifications altogether from that app. I even went so far as going to the “files” and deleting that sound choice altogether. As an aside, I noticed that legit notifications from Ring would also sound off on Echo (Alexa). If it was a ghost ring, Alexa stayed silent. I am definitely NOT a power user so if someone wants to jump in and give more concise instructions, feel free.

Thank you for returning to update this thread with your support experience, @adrianr04!

Neighbors, if my previous response regarding motion settings and Rich notifications did not help to resolve your concern, or you are receiving excessive alerts, our support team is happy to take a closer look.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

My doorbell rung last night no one visible but did alert on Alexa

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Fqq4nnFx-5kVvy6MYC1k4Zcg

My doorbell is going crazy with false notifications. Someone is at the door!
All settings are at the suggested position!
What’s the deal?

Hi @arleneosman. Thanks for sharing the image. It looks like a small bug or piece of dust caused this notification. I would suggest using a Corner Mount to angle the doorbell away from the brick wall. The infrared lights are reflecting off of this surface and may be causing the false notifications.

@6bigfishs Try uploading a picture of one of these events to see if the Community can help identify what is causing them.

1 Like

I started getting ring alerts last night at 10:09 pm and went until 3:45 am
What is going on? No one at my door

My floodlight starting doing the same, no one around but keep giving me notification, I have to turn off floodlight light due to on and off every minutes. Super annoying and scares me. Is this Ring security system worth it?

Got a false “button pressed” event. I am kind of used to false motion events because the wind moves the plants in ring’s view. But this was a RING event, not a motion event. Here is the video link and the screenshot. Why would this happen?

https://ring.com/share/e6e7f132-617c-4c58-b4a7-a41fd923c268

Hi @dimulec. Does the button on your doorbell look excessively worn? If it is, it may be causing a false notification. When there is excessive wear, the contact points can become closer together and cause an intermittent connection. Let me know if this is the case, or if this continues to happen.

1 Like

About a month and a half ago this started happening to me as well. Our issue is people what past our house on the street and rather then get a motion is detected alert we are getting a someone is at your front door alert. It’s frustrating because every time look noone is at the front door. Getting so frustrating thinking about switching security companies

Thanks to keith29607 for solving my problem. I, too, found an app that had automatically picked the “Someone’s at your door” tune for its notifications. Who would have guessed.

This is getting stupid. Nobody is at my front door! Rebooted. Did everything. It even turns my fire tv on when it happens. I am trashing this piece of crap and buying a different brand.

Has anyone solved this issue. My door has gone crazy over the last fee days. Movement notifications every two minutes all throughout the night. Ive just looked at my phone and i have 98 notifications in the last 24 hours.

1 Like

I have exactly this problem. Sensitivity settings for the door bell are set to lowest possible. It still triggers, all. the. time. Any solutions out there? ring?

Also, I turned OFF all notifications from the doorbell, yet I still get them. So it’s a dashboard s/w issue? And we’re all trying to debug our doorbell? Well, it’s certainly an issue and a very annoying one.

1 Like