Ring Doorbell Elite PoE vs WiFi

I am confused with the Doorbell Elite webpage that says it use PoE for power and WiFi for connectivity. Seems like the Elite would use the wired ethernet for connectivity instead of PoE only for power and WiFi for connectivity. Does the Elite really use WiFi?

The comparison chart on this page says the Elite has “Hardwired with Power over Ethernet” and also “2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wifi Connectivity” and the Elite webpage under Tech Specs > Power and Connectivity says:

• Power
    ** Power Over Ethernet…
  • Connectivity
    ** 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi connection @ 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz
    ** Ethernet Connection

If this is really true, what is the advantage of the Elite - seems like the hard-wired Video Doorbell Pro would be a better deal???

If the webpages are wrong and in need of updating, hopefully the Ring webmasters will also correct the Installation Manual links as well - I encountered at least 3 links that went to wrong products (including of course, the Elite manual). It is pretty frustrating researching something and getting bad info…

Hi @rpdale86. The Ring Elite does use PoE for power. The PoE can also be used to connect the Ring Elite to the internet, or it can use traditional wifi. The ethernet option is the main difference in the Ring Elite compared to our other doorbell models. The Ring Elite is popular with new-home construction builds, because the ethernet cable can be easily ran to the internet router. Also, thank you for bringing the webpage errors to our attention, I will bring this to the attention of our teams here to get this corrected. Thank you!