Ring doorbell elite outage this morning?

Was there a bad firmware update pushed out around 8AM EST this morning? I woke up to my Ring Doorbell Elite (PoE) being down. It still had power and was visible in my UniFi network but the app couldn’t connect to the doorbell. I tied resetting it and adding it back to the app but it still couldn’t connect over Ethernet. I then tried connecting it over WiFi and it worked, then it immediately downloaded new firmware and I then changed it back to Ethernet and it continued to work. Now my UniFi network is showing it connected via ethernet and everything is back to normal. Sure seems like it received a bad firmware push and I had to get it on WiFi so it could get the fix? How can we get notified when something like this happens so I don’t waste 2 hours of my morning troubleshooting?

I have had an issue with my elite doorbell since the Nov 22nd. If it lost connection to the internet it would reconnect to my router as a new device with a random Mac address. It is connected via ethernet. Does your router show the correct Mac address?

I have been able to replicate this by pausing the internet to my device and it creates a new device with another random Mac address. It is also missing the brand and model info on my router. They both say unknown.

I called in to Ring and they have a technical escalation raised.

1 Like

Hi @user28956. I’m glad you were able to resolve your concern. We do have this page here that will inform you of any current or past outages. Also, if you need immediate assistance with Ring products and services, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.