Ring Doorbell Elite mic/speaker cover moved

Hi There,

There’s a glue issue I guess, but the bottom part of the transparent faceplate that covers the mic and speaker started to move. Plase see the pic attached. What should I do with this?

Thanks in advance for the recommendations!

This is an odd image to see, @pfulop. Thank you for sharing this experience with us!

I’m confident that neighbors throughout the Community will have some suggestions for you. As long as the piece is not warped, it should be able to be secured back into it’s normal position through minimal pressure.

As for keeping it that way, we normally advise not making any major changes or unintended alterations to your device for safety, functionality, and warranty reasons. With that being said, if you find a harmless adhesive or small bit of tape to hold in place, this should be fine. I would first visually ensure this area on your Doorbell Elite is not housing motion, night vision, LED, speaker, or microphone components.

If you are concerned with weather resistance or functionality being impacted, or wanting a different solution than what you find in Community, our support team is always happy to help further. :slight_smile:

1 Like