Ring doorbell echoing

Hi Guys really hoping someone can help me as im at a loss now with this doorbell! i have the 2nd generation ring and everything was ok initially now for some reason the doorbell echoes very loudly the voice of the person ringing the bell.

so if i ring the bell and my husband answers i can hear him talk but it is very very quiet. when i respond the doorbell repeats what i say on the highest volume ever…it actually hurts your ears its that loud… literally the whole street can hear it!!

ive reset the bell twice and its not fixing the problem…someone please help! thanks in advance

Hi @BLAGD1T. Try resetting your Ring Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once the reset is done, take the Doorbell through a new setup in the Ring App and test out the two-way audio to see how it’s sounding. If you’re still experiencing any echoing after these steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a closer look. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

sorry didnt realise you replied. i have already reset it twice but not done the 2 way audio thing…i dont even know what that is or where to access it. i will have another go over the next couple of days and be intouch if needed. thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @BLAGD1T. Happy to explain the 2-Way Audio for you! This is when you are watching the Live View of your Ring Device and you tap the Green Button to speak to a visitor. This enables you to talk to them and them to talk to you, 2-Way Audio! I hope this clears things up for you.

My ring was worth normal. Now it makes a ditrorted noise when doing the reply. This is coming from the device itself