Ring doorbell does not work after charging

I charged my first generation ring video doorbell overnight using the cord that came with it. The next morning when I went to install it I noticed it was warm and none of the lights were on. I cannot get it to do anything now. Any help appreciated!

Hi @user11356. I would suggest preforming a reset on your Ring Video Doorbell. You can do this by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, then releasing. Once this is complete, you can reconnect it to WiFi. If you are still having issues with your Doorbell after performing these steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Did you sort this out? My ring video doorbell 2 battery charges fine but the unit doesn’t respond in any way. I think a firmware update has killed it.

Hi @user12140. Did you try the troubleshooting steps recommended in the previous reply from Tom? If you tried the reset as outlined in his reply and you’re not able to get your Ring Doorbell set up, our support team can provide further assistance. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.