Ring doorbell didn’t register someone ringing my doorbell

This happened yesterday and today - the Ring missed someone yesterday and today, ringing my doorbell, no motion detected. I have not changed any settings. In between yesterday’s miss and today’s, it was fine I.e when the postman put something through the letterbox and when my sister in law came.

How can it just miss out some? Surely it’s either working or not?

I have reset it, still nothing. Yet the RSI is good, wifi is good and no other issues… I bought it from Amazon, so they are sending a replacement. Really poor though for it to just stop when so new

Hi @ffiscool. The Doorbell should be sending you a notification and recording an event whenever the button is pressed, as long as it is not pressed back to back very quickly. In that case, it wouldn’t register the second ring as it would still be recording the first one. If the replacement is still giving you this concern, I’d suggest touching base with our support team so they can take a closer look. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi, thank you. It’s failed now a few times. Amazon have sent me a replacement. I’m hardwiring it in, fiddly due to short wires, but I sorted it. Forgot to charge it. So took it off again. However it didn’t show as wired after I did connect. Will try again when battery is full.

Re the not capturing things, it did t this morning, when postman came.

So I’m hoping this one is trouble free. If not, I’ll get a refund and not bother again.

I have to say, this one, like the first one are missing tools. No drill bit, no extenders. That’s why the first went back. It concerns me that what I’m receiving might not be new. Not sure how parts/tools are being missed. It also didn’t have orange little screwdriver with the heads.

So, my last attempt today