Ring Doorbell - DEAD!

Hi all and wondered if anyone can help?

I have a 1st Generation Ring doorbell and it’s no longer turning on or charging - I’ve held the orange button at the back of it to reset it, and when this is done, a white circle comes on and stays on. I don’t know if the unit is now dead :pensive:, so if there’s anyone out there who has had similar experiences or knows of how to completely reset it, I would be so grateful of any help as to what to do.

I don’t really want to fork out for another doorbell at the moment and would be appreciative of any help.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello. I’m new here. @thedonkey68, I too have a 1st Gen Ring doorbell, and although mine isn’t doing what yours is, I am finding that I do have to recharge the battery about weekly now. Been like that for about 6 months or so. I’m also not really wanting to fork out for another doorbell at the moment, but feel I might need to. We live on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia, and the doorbell is in full sunlight (summer here now) from dawn till about midday, but we’ve only reached 30°c at the most. Hoping someone can help me too? Good luck with your problem & enquiry. Cheers.

Hi @thedonkey68. You have tried the troubleshooting steps I would have recommended for an unresponsive Ring device. The next best step would be to give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Hi @Audie_user32709. Other than cold weather conditions, Doorbells with more than 30 events a day will have their batteries drain faster than usual as well. I would check to see if your Doorbell has been way more active than usual with recordings of events such as motions or live views that were open for long periods of time. If there are more motion events than usual, you can decrease them by adjusting your Motion Settings. If you have tried this step and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Thanks for your msg. Our doorbell doesnt get alot of motion detection at all. The settings are set to the lowest motion detection, so i dont think its that. Weve had it several years now, and it is in full sunlight from dawn till about midday, so it could be that. I will just continue to charge weekly for now. Thanks again, Audra

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.