Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
J
Ring Doorbell Can't Connect to Wifi
wifi
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
We've been using our Ring Peephole Cam Doorbell HD Video since 2020. It suddenly got disconnected from our wifi (no changes to wifi) last Saturday. We've rebooted it, tried to reinstall it, even changed the settings of our wifi to lower security, turned off bluetooth on my phone but it still ends up in this page and whatever i click will bring me back to the setup start page where it asks if i see a white circle light going around. Help please!! We are from the Philippines so we cannot call the hotline number. ![IMG_0741.PNG|231x500](upload://mGiqsHrKp8wsZNxsER3PjUGxTLC.jpeg)

31-10-2023 11:55:49

Responses (3)

C
Hi @JBL. Ensure the battery is fully charged, and then attempt to reset the Peephole Cam by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds. After that's done, walk through a new setup in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. If the Peephole Cam is unresponsive after trying those steps, you'll need to reach out to our support team at one of the numbers [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Contact-Us#callus). Since you're located in a region where Ring devices are not sold or supported, their scope of support may be limited.

02-11-2023 08:05:38

B
The fact is -- as I have just found out -- if there is an internet outage of a significant duration, these cameras will take hours to reconnect -- 8+ hours in my case. This seems to be the new normal with all these devices, not just Ring, that connect via wifi. All the information out there assumes you have wifi issues. Probably that is almost never the case; it is a brain-dead implementation. Just who is marking the solutions in these cases? This same moderator was marked as the Answer on [Battery Stick Up Camera - Reconnect to Wifi](https://community.ring.com/t/battery-stick-up-camera-reconnect-to-wifi/105965) and I know the OP would never has said that was the answer to the problem. If a moderator is going around marking these answers as the solution with no input from the OP, that is disingenuous in the extreme.

08-11-2023 02:38:22

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

08-12-2023 02:38:51

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User