Ring doorbell battery

I have the original doorbell I assume 1. It is not hard wired as I do not have that possibility at the moment, only battery option. The battery does not seem to be lasting for as long as it used to. Do these batteries reduce in efficiency after a number of years. If I’m only getting 3-4 weeks use now does that mean I need to upgrade the battery it seems a very expensive option at £118 Uk Sterling to buy a new door bell. Does the Ring door bell three come with the option of a removeable replaceable battery and will it fit on the same bracket that I use for the current door bell.

Hi @Porpoise1974. First, I’d recommend reaching out to our support team directly regarding the battery concerns you’re experiencing to make sure everything is running properly. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

If you are looking into purchasing another model of Doorbell, you can compare all of the options in our Help Center Article here. It will display the pricing, features, and power requirements for each model of Doorbell so you can easily compare them. Our support team can also answer any questions you have as well. I hope that helps! :slight_smile: