Ring doorbell battery fully charged shows low on app

Tried two fully charged batteries in ring doorbell but showing 18% battery level in app. Used live option, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Still showing the same percentage on app.
What can i do to fix this?

No still not showing full battery level

Hi @ad5eb24c4a0b944cff295d00e44e6c. The best way to cause your Doorbell to reflect the most current information is to press the doorbell button to prompt a ring event. Once the event is over, give it a few minutes and all the information should be current. Let me know if this helps.

Tom, I am having the same issue. I both waited overnight and then pressed the bell to reset. Neither has worked. Battery shows critical low 2% yet was fully charged last night.
It also is connected to a power source.

1 Like

Hi @user18791. I suggest performing a reset on your Doorbell. You can do this by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, then release. After you do this and reconnect to WiFi, check the RSSI of your Doorbell. If you have a low RSSI, this could be the issue you are facing. I hope this information is helpful.

I charged my ring 2 4 days ago, since then there have been multiple motion alerts and rings, however the app still tells me the battery is 7% and too low to show live view.

This is an issue that seems to have been encountered by a lot of people for several years, so the fact Ring have not achieved a fix for this is very disappointing. Having to reset and re-set-up each time is not a fix!!

1 Like

If the battery percentage for your Doorbell is not updating in the Ring app after putting in a freshly charged battery, prompt a test event by pressing the Doorbell button or triggering the motion detection. Allow a few moments for the event to process, and the Device Health page should then reflect the most current information.

If the test event didn’t work, try resetting your Doorbell by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds. After the reset is done, set the Doorbell back up using the steps under Set Up a Device. The correct battery percentage should be displayed on the Device Health page now.

Should the above steps not work, or this is a persistent concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.