Ring Doorbell 4 - Important typo on power warning sticker!

There is a typo on the sticker that covers the terminals that might result in damage to the unit.

Everything else says AC, but the sticker is over the terminal stands out as authoritative.

Hi @wattsline. Happy to clear this up for you. As mentioned in this Help Center article here, only the official Ring Plug-In Adapter should be used for DC power. This is referring to the power that would come out of a wall outlet. In the case of hardwiring this Doorbell, you only want to wire it to a transformer with a voltage of 8-24 VAC, 40VA max, 50/60Hz and not a DC transformer. A compatible AC transformer can be found here. I hope this clears up the confusion. If you have anymore questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

That is the most confusing label I have ever seen! There is no such thing as 8-24V DC/50Hz/60Hz. Only Alternating Current (AC) has a frequency in Hz. If a DC power supply is required then the terminals should be labelled red for positive and black for negative otherwise damage could occur. I don’t know the Doorbell 4 but the Doorbell Pro that I have does not work with the Ring DC Plug-in Adapter.

1 Like