Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
User Solution
Closed
Ring Doorbell 4, fully charge batter showing at 0%
trending
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting

I have a ring doorbell 4, I have a number of other ring products too.

After fully charging the battery over night and the battery showing as green, I put the battery in the ring doorbell, the unit functions (capturing alerts, live preview after alter, recording, etc) except from wanting to press live view whenever I like (no alert). The live button is greyed out but I can still press it however live doesn’t work. I get an error saying: the battery is at 0% code P3-11

If I check the device health it shows power source battery but then for battery level is says add battery. From the device overview screen the battery indicator shows green and full.

I’ve tried with a number of batteries and I get the same result. I’ve reset the device full and reinstalled it and updated it fully. Nothing works

!

13-12-2023 07:54:10

Responses (32)

T
User Solution

Hi @Roseyp. Glad to hear that our support team was able to assist you.

For other neighbors experiencing this issue, here is something you can try. Remove the battery from the device and use a vacuum hose at the battery port. This will suck up any debris or dust that may be causing a poor connection. Once you are done with that, insert the battery and perform a reset on the device by holding the setup button down for 20 seconds. Next, just reconnect your device to WiFi and the battery percentage should be correctly reflected in the Ring app. If this issue persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.

15-12-2023 08:16:55

U

Hello Tom,

My doorbell is saying the same error code P3-11. It was charged fully over night on Sunday and now is at 18%.
I have done what you suggest and it hasn’t worked.
Please could you advise?

20-12-2023 06:47:15

S

I am having the exact same issue with my Ring doorbell cam. It’s remained charged all year with its solar panel, but suddenly this morning the app displays a low battery and error code P3-11. Your troubleshooting steps provided above did not seem to do anything to change or fix this issue. What now? And why is this happening to so many people all at once? It definitely seems to be a firmware issue.

20-12-2023 01:01:29

U

Hi,
I’ve never had any issues with my ring doorbell 2 until this past couple of weeks. One minute it’s online with battery at 100% and then next minute it’s offline or live view not working saying the battery needs changing. This literally happens minutes apart. I brought a new battery and fully charged it but the issue continues. I’ve performed resets, reconnected to Wi-Fi, rebooted Wi-Fi but it still keeps happening. Please can someone help?

09-09-2023 08:59:26

J

I have exactly the same situation and same problem.

Doorbell has worked fine for years, now it randomly fails to show live view and says “add a battery”. Not low battery, but add a battery.

Maybe Ring has broken it with a software update. It would be really helpful to get a response from Ring about this issue which I’m sure is affecting quite a few people.

Does anyone know how to get in contact with them? Or has any other user spoken to support about this?

09-09-2023 07:37:47

U

Any fix to this mine is doing the same

14-12-2023 06:00:05

R

Mine exactly same tonight. What is going on

14-12-2023 10:17:25

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User