Ring Doorbell 4, fully charge batter showing at 0%

I have a ring doorbell 4, I have a number of other ring products too.

After fully charging the battery over night and the battery showing as green, I put the battery in the ring doorbell, the unit functions (capturing alerts, live preview after alter, recording, etc) except from wanting to press live view whenever I like (no alert). The live button is greyed out but I can still press it however live doesn’t work. I get an error saying: the battery is at 0% code P3-11

If I check the device health it shows power source battery but then for battery level is says add battery. From the device overview screen the battery indicator shows green and full.

I’ve tried with a number of batteries and I get the same result. I’ve reset the device full and reinstalled it and updated it fully. Nothing works

!

2 Likes

Any fix to this mine is doing the same

1 Like

Mine exactly same tonight. What is going on

Been in touch with Ring help desk and I’m getting a new one sent out from them. Excellent service

2 Likes

Hi @Roseyp. Glad to hear that our support team was able to assist you.

For other neighbors experiencing this issue, here is something you can try. Remove the battery from the device and use a vacuum hose at the battery port. This will suck up any debris or dust that may be causing a poor connection. Once you are done with that, insert the battery and perform a reset on the device by holding the setup button down for 20 seconds. Next, just reconnect your device to WiFi and the battery percentage should be correctly reflected in the Ring app. If this issue persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.

2 Likes

Hello,

My doorbell is saying the same error code P3-11. It was charged fully over night on Sunday and now is at 18%.
I have done what you suggest and it hasn’t worked.
Please could you advise?

Hello Tom,

My doorbell is saying the same error code P3-11. It was charged fully over night on Sunday and now is at 18%.
I have done what you suggest and it hasn’t worked.
Please could you advise?

Exactly same thing happening to me.

Battery has been fine all year, checked it this morning and got the P3-11 error and it is showing my battery at 28%!

Found a reddit post of plenty of others with the same issue.

Has a firmware update been rolled out potentially? can’t think why else everyone would all of a sudden have the same issue.

2 Likes

I am having the exact same issue with my Ring doorbell cam. It’s remained charged all year with its solar panel, but suddenly this morning the app displays a low battery and error code P3-11. Your troubleshooting steps provided above did not seem to do anything to change or fix this issue. What now? And why is this happening to so many people all at once? It definitely seems to be a firmware issue.

2 Likes

Im only a ring customer and have never owned the doorbell 4. However im on my 3rd doorbell thus far with having 1 replaced, buying the original and the last one. But beings there seems to be so many of you having the same issue and im assuming they happened around the same time frame as well, i would have to either guess that there is a glitch in the programming of the app and or doorbell itself. Without gathering all of your informations i suppose its a possibility that you all have used yours for same length of time too, or received the same batch number of doorbell. However if they are unwilling to admit an error in the app or doorbell and replace it for you, try this once…take a rubbing alcohol swab or qtip w rubbing alcohol and rub all of the connections of your disconnected battery and disconnected doorbell (making sure there is no power running through either at the time of cleaning should be important information i would think here) making sure that any debris is cleaned off of the connectors, rubbing without the rubbing alcohol or with just a finger or other type of cloth will not work. Make sure to let connections completely dry on both components. Once dry replace the battery in the doorbell and try again. If it still does not work repeat this process and before replacing the battery disconnect the doorbell app from the doorbell and wipe the cache under phone settings, apps, ring clear cache and then uninstall the app, after that press the buttons specified to do a hard reset on your doorbell per instructions and press and hold them down while replacing the battery and hold until light on front changes to a different ambient mode if at all and depress the button(s). Continue with what should be a factory reset and new setup with your doorbell and app. Im hoping this will clean it, clear out the old readings, resets the connection to current correct battery status, and the app may have had a chance to update, be able to reinstate any permissions that may have been turned off or faulty and your life just got back to easy street. And if that doesn’t work take pictures, screenshots, videos of the doorbell and battery as well as app in all states charging and not charging and also in use, add a multimeter reading if readily available just for proof of your findings and send them to ring and demand a replacement battery and or doorbell. If that doesn’t work stomp on it and start a …no i cant say that word, how bout, be humble and then buy a competitors doorbell? Good luck y’all!

Hi neighbors. If the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the marked solution and this thread do not resolve this issue, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

Same Problem since I change my battery yesterday evening, contact support this morning
check with the support some things, reset update software but still same issue.
Battery on low power and Live View is deactivated but if I use my Apple Home App or EVE App Live few is available.
But now I will receive a new Ring Doorbell 4 Plus in the next few days.

Support was from my side perfect…

Is there a fix for this? Mine is showing low battery with error code P3-11, it’s clear sunny skies today and it’s not charging at all from the solar panel.

2 Likes

Your support team is useless. I have this same issue and they recommend I buy a new ring doorbell because I’m out of warranty? These piles of crap don’t last two years? I’ll never buy another ring product again you scam artists

4 Likes

Help! I’m having the same issue! Been fine and just when I am away it has started playing up! Gen 4 saying P3-11 0% when I charged over night…. I’ve re started it rebooted and reconnected to chime …. So sick of this - this is what happened with my gen 2 so I bought a new one !!! Someone needs to solve this issue. Woman who lives alone…. And RELIES on this.
Out of ideas.

2 Likes

I am getting same code! I’m on phone with a “tech” and they have absolutely no clue! Everything was working just fine. They are trying to say it’s my solar panels, or my battery. No not true because 1 out 2 of my outdoor cameras is charging and working just fine. I rebooted system, I took out battery etc… This is crazy! I’m paying for this plan and getting absolutely no help!

2 Likes

Well I can tell you these techs or atleast the one I’m speaking with has absolutely no clue. I’m about to just shut down service with ring and go somewhere else.

1 Like

I have like 15 ring cameras. This just popped up on one with a solar panel connected. Never had an issue. I took battery down to charge inside which took only 20 mins to fully charge. Stuck it in in both slots and either slot shows no battery connected in the camera. I can see solar is connected, but I get no battery notification that it is installed. Has been fine forever and suddenly dropped to 0 the other day.

It’s not the sun bc I have a second solar panel for another camera right next to the panel for this one. Reddit search shows similar complaints of issues all of a sudden.

1 Like

Anyone have any success?

I have exactly the same issue - I don’t have solar panel . I put in my fully charged new battery and the status still didn’t change . I still have p3-11 code and the battery life still says 20% even though this is now a different battery .

I am starting to lose faith in the ring brand

1 Like