Ring DoorBell 4 Feature Request

Programming enhancement request for recordings. Product Ring Doorbell 4. Most recordings for this device, mine and everyone else’s are for people/owners going out the front door to do something in the front. All exits out and back in result in at least two unnecessary video recordings. Your hardware and software engineers need to get the appropriate sensors and software to not create recordings of people going in and out of their homes . An AI can easily figure this out and offer an opt out option to not record these events. Probably 90 percent of my videos are of me or others going in and out of my front door. I don’t have time to snooze this device every time I walk out the door. Please consider enhancements to this device to eliminate all this unnecessary recording. All the unnecessary videos consume iPhone and ring storage space. Thanks, I do like how it works as it was intended for a very small percentage of the recorded video. rgc

Please feel free to let me know if this is an issue on your recordings. I get two videos when i take the trash our. That is just one of many reasons I go out my front door. rgc

Hi @cottonmega. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you made in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors who come to this thread can easily find your feature!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.