Ring doorbell 3 pro won’t turn on after new battery

I have re charged the battery of my ring doorbell 3 pro (not for the first time) and when fitting back to the doorbell it did not power up. I purchased a new battery from RING and fully charged that and when plugging this into the doorbell same thing happens. One flash of light full circle and then nothing, no response when pressing and holding either the orange button for the main button. help please

Hi @Sben23. Make sure you’re using a standard power outlet to charge the battery for at least 8 hours using the included charging cable. If you’ve done that, insert the fully charged battery into the Doorbell and hold down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. This will reset the Doorbell and should allow you to set it up again. If it’s still not powering on or responding, then I’d suggest contacting our support team so they can take a closer look. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: