Ring Doorbell 3 plus not charging on solar panel

Hi, I have a ring doorbell 3 that i have connected to the solar panel, but it is showing as not connected within the device health.
This is the second solar panel I have tried and it is still not charging. Device has been reset but still no joy.
Anyone any ideas before I throw the dam thing away?

Hey @IanAA. Since this is not only your first solar panel but the second one you have tried and to no avail, I recommend going to our support team so they can look into this further. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 hereto see how to contact support. Feel free to come back and let us know how they were able to get this addressed and fixed for you!

I have exactly the same issue! Brand new unit (three weeks old now) fitted as per instructions, in very good sunlight 6/7 hours a day and showing solar device not connected! Help please??

Hi @nickcbriggs. I’d recommend taking a look at this thread here, in which a neighbor has a similar concern with their Solar Panel not registering in the Ring App. If the troubleshooting suggestions listed out don’t work, there is also a link to how to contact support in that thread as well as listed above in this thread, and our support team can assist further. :slight_smile: