Ring doorbell 3 not ringing

I’ve been having issues with my doorbell not ringing when someone is pressing the button from outside. I also get no notification on my phone. Motion detection is working fine though. Any ideas why?

I also have issues with activating live view, it can take up to 6 attempts if not longer before displaying.

Any help would be great :+1: oh and I only purchased at the beginning of Dec 2020

Thank you

Hi @Jembery1. There could be a few different reasons why this might be happening, but a good basic troubleshooting step to start with is a reset and a new setup of your Doorbell. You can reset it by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once that’s complete, set your Doorbell back up in the Ring App using the steps under Set Up a Device. This will refresh the Doorbell’s connection with your home wifi and with the Ring App to ensure everything is working properly.

If this concern persists after trying those steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a closer look and provide more in-depth troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thank you Caitlyn, I try this then call if needed.

Take care and stay safe.

Jason

1 Like