My Ring Doorbell 3 is saying it is Offline. I have followed all of the required steps to get it back online but it will not reconnect. It was working fine for last 6 months but now the blue ring light just flashes. Is there anyone who can help?

Hi @Chris1967. have you tried resetting the Doorbell itself since it is showing as offline? If not, this is a great troubleshooting step to try when a concern like this arises. To reset the Doorbell, you’ll just want to hold down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After this reset is complete, try walking the Doorbell through a new setup in the Ring App using the steps under Set Up a Device. This will help you get it reconnected to wifi and should resolve this concern of it appearing offline. :slight_smile:

I have a similar problem with my Video doorbell pro. My Ring Video Doorbell Pro shows offline in the IOS Ring App, even though it is currently online. It responds to doorbell presses, sends motion alerts, and makes recordings normally, but fails to go to live view. It appears to, once again, be a problem with the app.

I am having the same problem as well and have tried all of the steps noted to reset and this hasn’t worked. If anyone can offer some assistance, it would be greatly appreciated.

The offline flag in the ios app for my video doorbell pro just ‘magically’ disappeared, and the app appears to be working. Check yours…Ed

I am having the same problem – My new Ring Pro 2 says it’s offline. I have reset it and it won’t connect to its Ring wifi. It says the Ring wifi is not connected to the internet. I have very fast internet and my phone is showing that my reception is excellent. Could it be something in the wiring that is causing the problem?

Hi @user35513. As suggested in my previous reply, you can try resetting your Doorbell by holding down the reset button for at least 20 seconds. After this, try completing a new setup in the Ring app in order to reconnect the Doorbell to wifi. Your Ring device creates a temporary ‘network’ that you will use as an access point only during this setup process, before you connect it to your home wifi network. After you connect to your home wifi network, you will no longer be connected to the temporary access point.

If you run into any problems during the setup process, try the troubleshooting steps listed here. For further assistance, you can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.