Ring Doorbell 3 delayed motion notifications

Installed a battery powered doorbell for my aged mother. The device health looks good, RSSI value showing -48 in green. Notifications when the doorbell is pressed are instant to iphone and Ring chime. Live view works perfectly, but notifications from motion detection are either delayed or not at all. What could be the problem?

Hi @user21638. I’m glad to hear the Doorbell seems to be working well aside from the motion notifications. Since this is a battery powered Doorbell, try adjusting the Motion Frequency setting to see if that helps. You can also adjust the Motion Sensitivity under the Motion Settings tile in the Ring app. Often it can take some trial and error to find the combination of settings that works best, but I hope this information helps. :slight_smile:

OK, thanks…will try and respond

1 Like

Ring claims it’s the motion frequency which it is not, I found out it could be either the internet / WIFI connection, and or the camera itself. I noticed this for the past year as I cannot get a replacement through ring and the problem persists. Sometimes to the point someone comes to my door and it picks up later or doesn’t even show a notification.

Hi @USReaper. You’re correct that different factors can affect your Ring device’s performance. Which model of Ring Doorbell or Security Camera do you have, and are you experiencing concerns with only the motion detection or with a delay in notifications as well? What is the RSSI listed as on the Device Health page? This information can help us narrow down what the cause may be so we can find a solution that works for you. :slight_smile: