Ring Doorbell 3 and Pro Power Kit

Just installed a Ring Doorbell 3, and unlike most other installs of Ring doorbells (ver 1-2 & pro), they have all come with the Pro Power Kit I made the assumption that it was not required any longer since it was not in the box, but is it? The Ring doorbell works, but the physical chime does not work. I’ve installed a new transformer thinking that was it, but still no “ding dong” from the physical chime. I can’t seem to find anything on Ring’s site saying this is required like all other Ring doorbells.

Hi @myitguy. The Ring Video Doorbell 3 does not come with a Pro Power Kit. Only the Ring Pro doorbells need the Pro Power Kit. If you are having issues with your Chime Kit, I would first ensure that it is compatible with a Ring Doorbell. You can check this list here. If it is, you can check to make sure you have the right Chime Kit selection in the Ring app by selecting Device Settings > General Settings. Let me know if this helps!

Thank you for the response. I will need to double check the model. I know it is a very old mechanical Sears Robuck doorbell. Another thing to note, and what I find odd, is when the battery is not in the Ring Doorbell 3, the mechanical bell rings when the Ring button is pushed. But as soon as the battery is re-installed, the mechanical chime no longer dings.