Ring Doorbell 2nd Generation - Pixel 5a Live View issues

Hello,

I am openeing this new topic to see if someone is able to help on the issue I experience. I have installed a fresh Ring Doorbell 2nd generation in my house.

I am user of both, Android and iOS. I have been unable to setup the Doorbell with my main phone, the Pixel 5a (has latest feature/ security updates of Android 13 installed + play store is up to date + apps are uo date). It’s already a pity that my Pixel 5a could not do the setup, but anyway.

I did the setup using my iPhone 8 SE (iOS 16.2, latest app store updates), and it worked like a charm.

Now the issue is that the Live View is working on my iPhone when connected to cellular, but it is not working on my Pixel 5a (bought in 2021). from the iPhone, the Live View works perfectly even on cellular.

On Wi-Fi, it is working on the Android and iPhone, so it seems only related to the Android phone.

The network is setup correctly as it works on iPhone when on cellular and on both when on Wi-Fi. The Android phone is not using a VPN, the iPhone does use it (corporate VPN, not personal).

I think the issue is the application not managing the permissions (network & battery) well in Android 13. I confirm the app now has all permissions allowed (even change system settings) and I optimized battery on this app for performance.

I understand that Android has compatibility issues when using old devices, but htis one is still supported and up to date. I found other topics about this on Pixel 4 XL, the exact same issue as I have, but still unresolved.

Do you have an idea what is happening there ? Maybe an application update can fix the error, as it used to work in older versions ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
Astorias_96

Adding: Just tested on a Samsung A33 5G, it worked. Seems related to thebfact my primary phone is a Pixel 5a.

If anyone has an idea, I would be thankful :slightly_smiling_face:

Astorias_96

Hi @Astorias_96. You have done all the basic troubleshooting steps I would have recommended for your concern. The next best step would be to give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here to further investigate your concern. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.