Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Ring doorbell 2 update issue
negative-feedback
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting

I recently had to charge my ring doorbell2 battery (10th December) and when i plugged the battery back in and checked in on the app it said that the doorbell was going to do an update. Since then the doorbell has stopped working completely despite following all the technical advice about resetting it etc.

Because the doorbell is 3 years old it is not covered by warranty so I was told ‘buy a new one’. My question is why has ring pushed out an update to my device to make it stop working?

21-12-2023 03:43:22

Responses (3)

C

Hi @user72126. A firmware update would not cause your Ring Doorbell to stop working. It sounds like the firmware update did not successfully complete. Since you have a battery powered Doorbell, I’d suggest charging the battery again. It can take up to 8 hours for the battery to fully charge. Once the battery is fully charged, attempt to reset the Doorbell by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds. Once the reset is done, follow the steps under Set Up a Device in the Ring app to reconnect the Doorbell and start the firmware update again.

22-12-2023 07:00:09

U

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring . The battery was fully charged as per its single green light (no orange) after being charged over night. Putting it into the doorbell after that and holding the button down for 20 seconds does not make anything light up.

22-12-2023 08:29:57

C

@user72126 The only other thing to check would be to ensure that the battery is inserted correctly so the Doorbell can receive power from it. You would then need to try and perform a new setup after the reset. If the Doorbell isn’t responsive and doesn’t go into setup mode, I’m afraid there aren’t any other troubleshooting steps I or support can provide.

22-12-2023 10:05:23

U

I’ve checked the prongs on the inside of the unit and none are bent and they are still springy. The battery inserts perfectly well.

I appreciate your effort to help but it seems that the software update has stopped the device working and Ring refuse to acknowledge they have caused it.

23-12-2023 08:25:02

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User