Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
C
Ring Doorbell 2 Unacceptable Delay
hardwired-battery-video-doorbell
I have no idea what a tag is so have just added to whatever is shown. But here goes Hi again. I think I have posted on here before but just cannot find it. We purchased a Ring Doorbell 2 approximately 18 months ago but the sound is difficult to hear and broken up and, the most annoying problem of all, is the notification delay. I have changed our broadband provider and moved the router as close as possible to the unit but it's made no difference whatsoever. Yesterday I took notice of the postman coming up our communal driveway. Firstly, to our house and then to our neighbours. He had actually gone back down the driveway and back onto the footpath before the unit activated. I counted approximately some 14 - 15 seconds. This cannot be correct - Cant it? This is currently operating on battery power, which is charged regularly, but was thinking of adding a permanent power supply, but not entirely sure if tis will make any real difference though? I can see there are many, many similar issues being reported but there doesn't seem to be an answer. Any advice please before I take it out and bin it?

20-05-2021 08:28:48

Responses (3)

T
Hi @chris301up. What is the RSSI for this device? A poor RSSI could result in delayed notifications. I would also try rebooting your internet router to see if that will allow for quicker communication with your Ring Doorbell. Let me know if this works.

21-05-2021 10:03:56

C
Hi Tom. Sorry for delay in responding. Notifications to replies don't work and I have to trawl through numerous websites when I have time. Anyway, I don't know what you mean by RSSI? Have done everything else including rebooting router. Was thinking of changing broadband provider again but unfortunately fibre is not available in our area. Not sure if that will help either as my Son has a ring device on fibre and also suffers with excessive dely. Was looking at purchasing an Arlo device, as there is no delay with this, and shoving this in the bin. **Think I've found RSSI in app on IPhone. It reads 55. Does that help?**

14-06-2021 08:33:17

M
Hi there, @chris301up! It looks like you've found the RSSI successfully. Here is our [Community post](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229) about RSSI for tips on optimizing it. an RSSI of -55 is an indication of some interference or distance between the Video Doorbell and your wifi network. I recommend also trying out the [Rapid Ring app](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028023571-Rapid-Ring-App-Information), designed for optimal access to live view. I hope this helps! :)

14-06-2021 06:50:41

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User