Ring Doorbell 2 - Stopped Working Suddenly

Does anyone know what happens and the cause? I brought a brand new Ring Doorbell 2 in late November last year for my new apartment in Singapore and earlier December this year, it just stopped working and the app shows the battery the last status is at 30%. I took out the battery and did a full charge and put it back and it still doesn’t turn on, brought a brand new battery and replace it and it still refused to turn on. And I am not able to hard reset it as well.

I have tried calling the listed support number for Singapore, both numbers seem to be invalid and are unable to be dialled.

I have no choice but went back to the shop and brought a Ring Doorbell 3 Plus to replace it for now. But I still hope someone can give me an answer what happened and how can we prevent this from happening again? It is just merely 1 year old and still in very good condition. Ideally, I still hope it can still be fixed at least I can keep it as backup in case the Ring Doorbell 3 Plus fail me again.

Sorry to hear about this, @Realm! Our team recently reported an incident which impacted some Ring devices. As of Dec 29, 21:58 UTC, this has been reported as resolved. Check out our Status.Ring.com page for more details and to see updates from us. If you are still experiencing these concerns, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.