Ring Doorbell 2 stopped motion detection

I have had my Ring Doorbell 2 installed and working since November 2018. As of yesterday morning, it has stopped recording or alerting me to any motion triggered events. Prior to this, it has worked fine in this regard. I can still access live view, and a recording is generated any time that I do so. I did notice that when I rang my doorbell yesterday, it also did not generate any recorded event or alert.

I have tried doing a hard reset. My firmware states it is up to date. I tried altering my motion settings and frequency. I updated the (iOS) app. I have not yet removed the device in the app and reinstalled as new.

Nothing about our home WiFi was changed within the last few days. As of today, I still am not getting recorded events or alerts for motion. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

1 Like

Hey @MGriff! This is an unusual concern to hear of, but you’ve done an excellent job covering all the troubleshooting bases. In addition to what you’ve already done, please try resetting the device up from scratch as you mentioned, and charge the battery if necessary. Feel free to also test the app’s response on wifi only, and again on mobile data only. Let us know if this worked for you.

1 Like

Thank you for your response! I have resolved the issue- it appears that it was my router. I also was unable to access certain streaming services like Netflix and MLB.tv (but YouTube worked). I reset my router and that has solved all the issues, including motion detection. FWIW, I have an Orbi Mini mesh system.

1 Like