Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
N
Closed
Ring doorbell 2 poor wifi connection
trending
connectivity
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting

I dont understand why my doorbell has poor wifi. The router is no more than 2m away buy the window, so no real blockages. I have external wireless CCTV cameras that are much further away and they work perfectly t
Fine. The doorbell was fine for the 1st 2 weeks and then decided not to work properly. If someone rings the doorbell I would be likely if I get a chime, and if I do it is majorly delayed. I have rang support and they politely blame my wifi, which I know is not the problem as everything else including Nest works fine. Keep getting told to buy the extender, but why if the plug would in fact be further away than the router. Does anyone have any suggestions apart from bining it?

02-11-2019 09:53:38

Responses (8)

C
When you talked to support, what was your upload speed next to your router and next to your device with any doors/windows closed?

05-11-2019 12:43:57

N
Hi Jennifer, The upload speed next to the router was 27mbps and outside with doors and windows closed was 21mbps.

05-11-2019 07:10:01

C
I am having the same issue. My dashboard will not even load anymore. Worked well until paid for the service. Now there is no customer support. I expected better.

01-04-2020 08:51:36

C
Hi @Cm6501. The error message that you are running into right now is going to be something that we are currently working on. No worries, as we are aware of this and working diligently to fix this! I recommend to give it the rest of the day for us to have this resolved, and if you still have this concern with your app in 24 hours, please reach out to our support team directly [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Get-in-Touch).

01-04-2020 09:05:28

C
Thank you, I hope it works

01-04-2020 11:51:49

C
Today all of a sudden my Ring 2 battery camera is showing as having a very poor wifi connection. I can't get my wifi extender any closer (it's right behind the door!) and I'm having no issues with anything else. Wired camera at back works fine, fibre internet is fine ... Unable to create a new topic as it's greyed out!

12-05-2021 05:06:42

C
Ring, I haven't seen my family since Xmas 2019 and I'm hoping to get away soon with the rules changing. It doesn't fill me with any confidence whatsoever knowing that I'm currently unable to connect to the front camera at all. I can't rely on Ring for security.

12-05-2021 05:11:21

M
A post was split to a new topic: [Camera wifi connection concern](/t/camera-wifi-connection-concern/55740)

13-05-2021 03:36:56

M
Hi there, @CheesyWotsits! In most cases, wifi signal should not change abruptly if nothing in the environment changed. While resources and signal can fluctuate as a natural characteristic of wifi, your signal should remain within a general range. I recommend relocating the extender to be at a half way point between your Ring Doorbell and the router. This will ensure the signal received by the extender is just as efficient as what is being outputted. As a test, try moving the Video Doorbell inside near the router to see if signal improves when nearby and connected to the main router. Then, re-introduce the extender to gauge how far the signal can reach with it. This should help with extender placement, and optimal signal. It's always a good step to reboot your router and check for any updates, as this can clear the network of any inefficiencies. Feel free to also check out our [Community post about RSSI](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229). I hope this helps! :)

13-05-2021 03:42:33

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User