Ring doorbell 2- not detecting people

Hi- recently purchased a Ring Doorbell 2 and have multiple occasions of people coming to my door and the ring not detecting them. However, it will detect cars in the street ect.

Doorbell is wired and I’ve tried to adjust settings, but no luck and I’m about 7 days out of my return date. I just want it to work. Screen grabs of my settings attached

Additional settings

Hi @Crezzman. Thank you for the screenshot attachments, it helps paint the picture of what we’re working with. A few questions, Do you have a Wedge kit installed? I noticed there a few steps leading up to your door and that there is also a fair amount of sky in the picture. This is an indication that we might need to angle it down with a Wedge kit. Also, in the settings, did you select that you had steps or a hill leading to you front door? Adjusting this might improve the detection of your Ring Doorbell. Let me know if this works!

Hi- thanks for the reply. Yes I have about 2 steps leading up to my door. I figured a wedge kit might help, do you think I need the angle wedge as well?

@Crezzman To build upon what Tom said, a Wedge Kit is definitely what we recommend in cases where there are stairs leading up to your front door. Using the Wedge Kit to angle the Doorbell’s view down will help pull its line of sight away from the street and refocus it towards your walkway. You can find the Wedge Kit for the Video Doorbell 2 here, and for the Video Doorbell 2nd Generation here. If you’re not sure which model of Doorbell you have, you can verify this on the original box and on the back of the device itself. :slight_smile:

Thank you- yes I ordered and just received the wedge kit today. Is it trial and error if you need the 2 wedges? There wasn’t much instruction with it

@Crezzman Yes, it will be a bit of trial and error. You can test it out with one of the wedges first, and then add the second wedge if needed to help with the Doorbell’s view. If you notice that the same concern persists after trying both pieces of the Wedge Kit, I’d recommend giving our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a closer look at your device and provide more advanced troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: