Ring Doorbell 2 misses a lot of deliveries or human motion

Greetings,

Our Ring Video Doorbell has been great at picking up cars going by on the street, people walking by, etc. It is also great picking up when I walk out of the door in the morning. However, the ring doorbell never captures motion of UPS, FedEx, and Prime deliveries until the vehicle is beginning to leave, or they ring the doorbell itself. In some cases, I see an empty porch when one car goes by, and then when the next car goes by, a box magically appears with no recording in between.

We purchased the ring doorbell to help keep us secure, and to record motion due to occasional issues with car break-ins in the area. We went with ring due to their reputation for making good products.
However, at this point I can’t put any confidence into the device as it cannot even record videos under optimal conditions. Is there anything we can do to get this resolved, or should we explore alternatives?

SmartSelect_20210114-152818_Ring

Please see my comments on another thread…
https://community.ring.com/t/motion-recording-for-fedex-delivery-missed/775/54

Does your scenario fit into my description ?

Thank you for the information you provided, that’s very helpful information to know, and I wish that Ring were more up-front and quick to provide this kind of information.

Unfortunately, it sound like the best and most brutally honest summary of this response is: This is a design flaw. The camera does not operate as advertised, but it does operate as designed.

Thanks for the step by step tutorial. Works like a charm!