Ring doorbell 2 keeps randomly disconnecting

I’ve had a ring doorbell for nearly 3 years now. It’s been installed in the same place, in the same WiFi network with the same router since day one and, suddenly, in the last couple of months, it keeps disconnecting and won’t reconnect until it is being charged by usb. No notification for ring to say it isn’t working so I’ve missed a couple of packages due to be delivered.

This has happened about 6 times in the last few weeks and seems to be getting more frequent.

Code is p1-65 which I believe is WiFi. But as I say. It’s been in the same set up and placement since day 1. We have virgin media 350mb fibre so it isn’t a speed issue. It’s only about 8 feet from the router so I’m sure it’s not a distance issue.

If this continues, I will have to look for another product. Not great timing when they’ve just increased the subscriptions by 40% either.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Hi @user79693. I’d recommend rebooting your wifi router if you haven’t done so in awhile. Regular reboots can help correct connectivity related concerns. After rebooting your router, you can also reboot your Ring Doorbell from the Device Health page in the Ring app.

After doing the above, check the RSSI for your Doorbell, which is also located on the Device Health page. This is a measurement of the wifi signal strength, and can indicate if the problem is signal related or not. I’d also suggest running a wifi speed test at the doorbell’s location to ensure sufficient upload and download speeds.

If the signal and speeds look good, but the disconnection issues persist, please follow up with our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting assistance. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.