Ring Doorbell 2 button and motion alerts not working

My Ring Video Doorbell 2 stopped working properly a couple of weeks ago. It shows online and I get live video, but motion detecting and recording and the doorbell button are not working. I put in a fresh battery twice. I held the reset button for over 30 seconds and it still doesn’t work. I turned off the alerts and back on again. Still not working. Any ideas?

Hi @DaveP3193. I appreciate you letting us know what you’ve tried so far and how it’s worked for you so far. I’d like you to try performing a fresh setup after finishing the reset, as this will refresh the Doorbell’s connection with the Ring App and with your home wifi network. After holding down the reset button for at least 20s seconds, follow the steps under Set Up a Device in the Ring App to walk through a whole new setup.

If these concerns still persist after trying a new setup, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a deeper look at your Doorbell and offer more in-depth troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.