Ring doorbell 2 - blank video recordings and no live view without any setup changes

My doorbell suddenly started showing blank video recordings and refusing to connect to live view. This was after more than a year working fine with current setup.
Resetting, power cycling, dedicated up… nothing seems to work.
Looks like there is a widespread issue with Ring servers as there have been significant number of people reporting the same issue.
Ring is failing to acknowledge this.

1 Like

I belive I have same issue. Started about 5:30am CST. Even new setup after factory reset and dorbell will not activate

1 Like

Same thing happened to my device. RING better refund us for this inconvenience…

Hey Neighbors! Thank you for bringing your concern about your Live View to us. When we experience Black Video/Connection issues with Live View, it can be directly related to a network issue. Without any changes to our network, sometimes things can just slow down. It could be your favorite movie that you’re streaming starts to buffer, or in this case, black video with our Live View.

Most of the time this can be corrected by rebooting your Internet router, and then reconnecting your Ring Device to wifi. This can be done by unplugging your router for 1 minute, and then plugging it back it. Once your connection has restored, follow these steps to re-establish a connection with your Ring Device: Menu > Devices > (Select your device) > Device Health > Change Wifi Network or Reconnect To Wifi. Then, follow the onscreen prompts to finish the process.

If you still are experiencing Black Video, please check out our Help Center Article here for more tips and tricks on how to resolve this. In the event this still does not work, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Be sure to check back in and let us know if this issue has been resolved!

same problem as previous posts.

I actually found a fix for this. Returned the doorbell back to Costco. They happily exchanged it for another. This was my last option after trying to troubleshoot it and rebooting router/modem.

I actually found a fix for this. Returned the doorbell back to Costco. They happily exchanged it for another. This was my last option after trying to troubleshoot it and rebooting router/modem.

It seems RING is using Internet issues as a common answer for performance issues. Not having these issues with other internet based security products and going through their reset procedures.

I didn’t read the remaining answer about finding a solution by returning the product…

That is where I am at after spending $1000+ on RING products with full monitoring.