ring doorbell 2 ... battery life before replacing

hi … can anyone advise on following … have had ring doorbell 2 for around 2 years with no issues but over this time the battery life between charges (on 2 batteries) has reduced from months to now just a week and then needing charging.

All doorbell settings are on minimum with live view turned off … frequency reduced to minimal and every setting reduced to minimise battery life but battery reduces to less than 50% after 3 days!

I am presuming that both batteries are now at end life and have reduced capacity but wanted to confirm before buying new batteries.

Note. I purchased the solar charge panel for doorbell around a year ago but due to porch shielding door from direct sunlight never saw any charge going in to battery but could this drain battery?

Thanks for any responses

Dave Falconer

1 Like

Hi @DaveFalconer. Thank you for sharing details on how long you’ve had your Ring and how often you have to charge the battery. In this case, I’d suggest fully charging the battery and then performing a reset and a new setup on your Doorbell. This will help narrow down if the cause is the battery or the Doorbell.

To reset your Doorbell, you’ll want to hold down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After that’s complete, you can walk through a fresh setup in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. Then you can monitor the battery life from here to see if it drains at a more typical level based on the activity your Doorbell receives.

If this concern persists after trying these steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a closer look and determine what the next best steps would be. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. If you do contact support, let us know what solution they recommend! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your advise … i will try the reset method as instructed.

I am from the UK so will check on UK Ring customer services if this does not improve battery life.

Thank you for your assistance

Dave Falconer

1 Like