Ring Doorbell 1 Not Showing Chime in Settings

Hello, I have a Ring Video Doorbell (first generation), and when it was first setup, the mechanical chime worked, but after some time it stopped ringing the mechanical chime. I tried factory resetting it, and trying a different Ring account, but it still doesn’t work. In the settings page of the Ring app, it doesn’t seem to show any settings for the mechanical chime. I have checked the wiring, and in the app it shows it is hardwired. Any solutions to this issue would be appreciated.

Hi @JonasA! The best next step here will be to double check the chime kit is working by itself. This is a good sign of sufficient power and that the chime kit did not stop working itself. In the Ring app, on your Video Doorbell page, there is a Device Settings option. Tapping Device Settings will present you with an option for in home chime settings. This is where you can select Chime type, depending on Video Doorbell model.

If this option does not exist for your Doorbell generation, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.