Ring Door/Window Sensor stopped working

So I had to remove door/window sensors for about 3 weeks since we were doing a remodeling project and we were replacing moldings around the house. So I put everything back. But one of the sensors stopped working. It simply stopped communicating with the hub.

Hey @donzg! Are the LED lights still working on the Contact Sensor? This will rule out battery, in which the next best step will be to reset the sensor. Here’s how to reset your Contact Sensor:

1. Remove the cover from the device.
  2. Remove the battery from the device.
  3. Press and hold the tamper button (found near the antenna).
  4. Insert the battery while holding the tamper button. The LED light will flash. Hold the button until the LED light stops flashing.
  5. Put the cover back on the device.

After completing the reset, try setting up the Contact Sensor. If this concern persists, our support team will be happy to assist with more in-depth troubleshooting steps, anytime! :slight_smile:

Can you show me a diagram/photo of the contact sensor guts and point to the reset button?

Also can you tell me if the reset button and tamper button are the same thing. If not please indicate where the tamper button is.

Thank you for any help.

@Redlocks wrote:

Can you show me a diagram/photo of the contact sensor guts and point to the reset button?

Also can you tell me if the reset button and tamper button are the same thing. If not please indicate where the tamper button is.

Thank you for any help.

SW3 is the tamper switch - see attached photo.

IMG_1952.jpg

1 Like

I appreciate your reply. Thank you very much!