Ring Door view Cam - "Footage Unavailable"

Hi All

Im after some help with my Door View Cam. Ive had the unit around a month now and overall its pretty good. the issue im having is that at random points in the day in the timeline, im getting Footage unavailable. Now this could miss a single 15 min period of the day or in some cases hours of the day and its completely random, mainly happens in the day but happens at night also.

Now I’ve looked though various other topics and on other products network settings seem to be common thing. Even though i cant find any settings specific to my product, I’ve followed them anyway.

• Door cam is on a static IP
  • Its now in the DMZ allowing all ports open.
  • It is in line of sight with my wireless router.
  • No “green ethernet” or energy saving options enabled.

Wireless strength is fairly solid at -45rssi

Ive attached a photo screen grabs of the app to show you.

Hopfully someone can help.

Hey @NateDogg92. Thank you so much for detailing your experience here and letting us know what you’ve done, as well as your current setup. To see if you can resolve this concern easily, let’s try resetting the device by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, and then going into your Device Health page and reconnecting it to your wifi network. Once reconnected, visit your settings and ensure your Snapshot capture feature is set as it should be. From there, motion the device and let me know if you still get unavailable footage moments like these! :slight_smile:

Hi @Chelsea_Ring

thanks for your response, I’ve followed your instructions but I still have the same issue. Do you have any other suggestions?

@NateDogg92 Could you please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here? We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know what they are able to do for you! :slight_smile:

. @NateDogg92, any resolution to this yet? I am having the same problem. Just purchased my Ring within the past two weeks.