Ring Door Sensor and Magnetic Curtain rod

Good morning all, I recently installed our 2nd Gen Ring security system and have a door sensor on our back kitchen door. Just yesterday I installed a magnetic curtain rod to cover the glass on our door for privacy and notice whenever I open the door and then close it, ring doesn’t register the door as closed. Could this be from the magnetic curtain rod and throwing off the sensor? The magnet from the rod is about 3-5 inches away from the nearest part of the sensor.

Hi @Joshk716. Since the Contact Sensor does utilize a magnet to trigger the sensor from open to close, the magnetic curtain rod could definitely be causing interference with this. Try removing the curtain rod and then testing the door to see if the sensor triggers as normal. If the sensor does not trigger as normal without the curtain rod there, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. There might be something else causing the sensor to not work, and our support team can take a deeper look for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: