Ring door bell seems dead

Hello

Doorbell has been working fine for a couple of years but suddenly noticed that people are knocking instead of using the doorbell as it’s not working.

On the app the doorbell looks offline. I charged the battery even though I knew its not the issue. When putting back there is no light coming out of the device and the reset button doesn’t do anything either.

More strangely is that after a few hours the app is showing the doorbell online even though its not working and again I can’t get it to setup mode and there is no light coming out of device. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi @Ym1! If you’ve charged your Video Doorbell for several hours, and reset the device, you should certainly see lights or LED indicators when entering setup mode. If your device is still unresponsive and will not complete a setup, the next best step will be reach out to our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting.

I reached out to Ring support for battery issue on my 2nd door bell in 3 years. 1st one died shortly after warranty expired. i bought 2nd one and it is now having battry drainage issues 15 months after install/purchase. Support is basically saying i am out of luck and to buy yet another one…below is email exchange and i replied with my thoughts. interestingly they can send you email for follow up but you can’t reply to their email as auto replies says we don’t support via EMAIL …what a joke…

Unless they do teh right thing and address this as its my 2nd unit in about 3 years i would never buy RING product and will ensure all my friends and family know about my issue so they can decide for their own. there are many products out there which provide better support…for example, i had a Nest camaras (5 of them) and they were out of warranty (1.5 years after warranty expired) yet they replaced it at no charge. i contacted NEST to understand what the issue was so i can replace it but support said its unusal to fail this early though its been 2.5 years and they replaced it without me asking or expecting…this is only about 15 months old and 1st was about 17 months old. product keeps dying or having issues and they want to sell you newer one at 35% discount…ya right…DO the right thing… make your product more reliable or accept faulty products…

Hello Treschia,

My name is and I am owner of the business where this door bell is installed. I must say it is extremely disappointing that the product is not reliable. This is our 2nd door bell in 3 years. I had one prior to this that failed a soon after warranty expired. Now this one is about 15 months old and Battery has died (requires frequent charging). I understand you guys offered 35% discount on replacement doorbell but I do not feel I should spend any money on the product that only works while its in warranty of 12 months. Spending this kind of money every 15 to 18 months is unacceptable. I feel you guys should give us a replacement battery at no charge as its right thing to do given multiple failures on multiple products. As a business owner, I use many products and RING is the only product that is continuing to fail shortly after warranty expires.

I can tell you that If I have to replace it, I will go with other product as I can’t justify spending money on product that is not reliable and support is not behind it.

Happy to talk on the phone if you like.

Frustrated and disappointed customer!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: Ring Video Doorbell 2 - Battery Draining Quickly while Hardwired
To: <>

|

Hi Mark,

I am reaching out to see if everything is going well since we last spoke. If there are any other questions or concerns you may have, please feel free to reply to this message and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for contacting Ring!

For more information, please visit ring.com or our online help at support.ring.com.

Treschia
CS Tech Agent
www.ring.com
If you need assistance in the future please check out our help center.

|
|

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 1:00 PM, support@ring.mail.kustomerapp.com wrote:

Hi Mark,

It was a pleasure speaking with you today. Please know that we are committed to providing you the highest level of service.

Here at Ring, your safety and security is our top priority. To protect your Ring account, you should take advantage of two-factor authentication (2FA) available in the account settings of the Ring app. Please consider enabling the 2FA feature in your account today. We also, recommend changing your password and making sure it’s different from any other password you use; it’s the best way to protect your Ring account. For more information on how to set up 2FA click here.

Thank you for contacting Ring!

For more information, please visit ring.com or our online help at support.ring.com.

|

Hey @1848inn. I’m sorry that this has been the experience you have had, as this is not the kind of experience we want our neighbors to have. Please know that email support is not currently available for our neighbors, and emailing help@ring.com will not allow you to get help via email. If you call in and speak with a support agent, they may send you a personal email follow up, but otherwise, re-emailing in to get in contact from a previous time you may have emailed may not work, as you’ve ran into with the auto-replies.

We strongly urge out neighbors to call into our support team for further assistance with replacements, returns, and any other technical, troubleshooting or product specific to their account arrangements. As we are a neighbor to neighbor support forum, we will be unable to help with this warranty replacement you are looking for. You can learn more about our warranty and policy here, as this may give more insight as to why you are out of warranty on your device, since it seems like this is what support has told you. If you wish to try to still get a warranty replacement and you are still within warranty, please reach out to our support team via phone to discuss this further.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 hereto see how to contact support.