Ring Door Bell Randomly stopped working this morning.

Hi there,

My ring has been working with no issues until this morning. It stopped around 8:04am but according to the device health it’s still connected to the wifi. I didn’t change any settings but just randomly stopped working.

Any thoughts on what happened or how to fix?

Thanks

Hi @Pilot4Life. Can you describe how your doorbell stopped working? Is it not picking up motion? Does the Live View work? Knowing what specifically is happening can help the Community know how to better assist you! You can always try to reconnect your deivce to wifi to see if that corrects the issue.

Hi Tom,

It stopped recording anything yesterday morning. It is not picking up motion, live view is not working, says it’s connected to wifi in device health. Tried going through the steps to reconnect to wifi and the ring would not connect to my phone via it’s (ring’s) wifi.

Hi @Pilot4Life. Depending on what type of phone you are using for the setup, you may need to adjust some settings. First, turn off bluetooth and make sure your location is on. Next, you will want to ensure that your Smart Network Switch (Android) or Wifi Assist (iPhone) is turned off. This should allow you to connect to the Ring AP. If you still cannot connect, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thank you very much! This fixed it!

1 Like