Ring Door bell pro - new device - set up - phone is not connecting to ring wifi

Ring Door bell pro - new device - set up - phone is not connecting to ring wifi

Android phone, I can see the ring wifi…just not getting an IP address…tried waiting until time out, and reset everything…and tried again…still waiting for IP addr on phone.

Ring is in white spinning ring mode, and is putting out a good signal

Hey @GRMikel. It sounds like you are trying to connect to the Ring AP, or access point, during the setup process and it is not successful. To confirm, can you please share a screenshot of what happens when you try to connect to the Ring AP? Have you tried restarting your phone before attempting the setup process again? Other neighbors have found success with a restart or by trying to complete the setup on a different phone or a tablet if you have that option available.

I am facing the same issue . Any solution?

Hi @Shine_VK. This problem can often be solved by adjusting a setting on your iPhone. You’ll need to navigate to the settings and tap on the Cellular menu. From there, scroll to the bottom and toggle off WiFi-Assist. This will allow you to connect to the Ring network. Let me know if this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.