Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Ring Door Bell gen 2 - day time image is dark
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
video-quality
Hi, Just installed my doorbell gen 2. It's located next to my foot door in the porch. The image is quite dark, making it hard to see faces. Is there any option to adjust this ? I have an IP camera in the same location and it appears fine.. Wish I'd checked this before drilling the wall to fit it ! Thanks

01-12-2023 02:18:10

Responses (2)

C
Hi @user69234. Do you have a covered porch? This will limit the amount of natural light in the Doorbell's view. If you could share a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end, I'd be happy to take a look and let you know if the view looks normal given the environment.

01-12-2023 11:37:07

U

The still images are a bit dark, but the video plays back fine.
Thanks

20-12-2023 12:52:49

C

@user69234 If you’re referring to images from the Snapshot Capture feature, these are saved at a resolution of 640 x 360. The lower resolution could contribute to the color not appearing as clearly as a motion or Live View. If you need further assistance with this, it would be helpful to have an example image of what you’re talking about.

21-12-2023 06:27:36

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User